HyperLink
     
 

  Shopping
  Dining
  Services
  Attractions
  Orchards
  Alleyways
  Photo Gallery

Romeo Cemetery

Romeo Cemetery
Cemetery Sexton Marian McLaughlin at Village Offices,  586-752-3565.



The Romeo Cemetery was officially established in August 1842. The remains of those buried along North Bailey Street were moved here sometime in late 1842. One of the character- defining featues is the Soldiers Monument, dedicated on May 30, 1900 and celebrated with a Memorial Day parade to the location. The cannons here are authentic Civil War artifacts and were presented to Romeo by the U.S. government. A photograh of the monument was featured on the front of a Michigan Historic Resource Survey brochure. 

 
  ©2018 Romeo Downtown Development Authority
228 N. Main Street, Suite H, Romeo, MI 48065 P:586-752-1170